Here is the fine print. We made the text bigger so that you can actually read it. (unlike most fine prints)
South Jersey Computer Express Terms and Conditions of Service
1. Minimum charging for all services that are charged hourly is ONE HOUR. After the first hour, charging will be in increments of FIFTEEN MINUTES which is rounded forward.
Example 1 – work starts at 7:00 then ends at 8:10
This will be calculated as:
1 hour for 7:00 to 8:00
15 minutes for 8:01 to 8:10 ( 15 minutes rounded forward )
Total service time is 1 hour and 15 minutes
Example 2 – work starts at 7:00 then ends at 7:45
This will be calculated as:
1 hour for 7:00 to 7:45 because minimum billing is 1 hour
All fees are due upon completion of service, unless otherwise agreed upon. All parts are to be considered separate from our service fees. (Rates are subject to change without prior notice.)
2. If the problem cannot be diagnosed or fixed on-site, the equipment will be pulled-out (upon customer’s approval) and will be brought to the work shop. We will contact you once we diagnosed the problem and give you a price for the repair to be done. If the customer agrees to the price, we will go ahead and fix the equipment and return the same upon completion of service, otherwise, we will return the equipment in the same condition that we received it.
NOTE: A standard charge of $35.00 is billed to the customer to cover for the pull-out / return expenses. This is billed regardless of the decision of the customer to have the equipment fixed or not after the pull-out. This charge is on top of the price that we will quote the customer for fixing the equipment.
3. Charging for services marked “price: xxx fixed” is fixed regardless of work time.
4. There must be a person 18 years or older to meet our technician in your home or business when you schedule for on-site service. The person must be present during the entire time period services are provided.
5. Service performed by South Jersey Computer Express may void any valid warranty on the equipment.
6. There are certain cases that service may not be completed because of a problem with your equipment or its configuration that is beyond our control.
7. It is the customer’s responsibility to back up the data, software, information or other files stored on the equipment before we perform service.
8. We reserve the right to refrain from providing any or all requested services and instead refund your payment, wholly or in part, on the basis that your technical needs or requirements are unusual or extensive and beyond the scope of the service we provide.
9. In the rare case that the problem is something we cannot fix, we will most likely not schedule the on-site appointment at all. Instead, we will direct you to other resources that can resolve your issues. If we come on-site and find that we cannot resolve your issue, you will only be charged $49.00 for the service attempt and diagnostics.
10. If our ability to render services is impaired by your failure to cooperate or circumstances beyond our control, we may choose not to provide services. Service can also be denied if dangerous or unhealthy conditions are present, including possible code violations.
11. Work Order form must be signed before any service is started. Service Report form will be signed after the service has been completed.
12. Under no circumstances shall South Jersey Computer Express and all its personnel be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including without limitation any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expenses costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of or related to the services provided by us or out of the installation, de-installation, use of, or inability to use your computer equipment, hardware, peripherals, or the network as a result of the services provided hereunder. We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance due to any cause beyond our control.